The Metrologist is accountable for driving results in a fast-paced environment by performing diagnostics repair of analytical instrumentation including HPLC, gas chromatography and laboratory equipment; performing instrument calibrations in a pharmaceutical laboratory environment, maintaining calibration of metrology standards, and completing and reviewing calibration documents. The ideal candidate will use computerized equipment and software to perform testing functions and produce graphs. The position requires superior leadership behaviors and expertise in functional competencies included in this position profile.
- Performs maintenance, testing, troubleshooting, calibration and repair on a variety of circuits, components, analytical equipment and instrumentation for pharmaceutical laboratory and manufacturing equipment.
- Specifies and requests purchase of components.
- Utilizes several database systems.
- Analyzes results and may develop test specifications and electrical schematics.
- Maintains all logs and required documentation.
- Prepares technical reports with recommendations for solutions to technical problems.
- Reads, writes and follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Writes IQ/OQ/PQ’s, Out-Of-Tolerances (OOT’s) and Deviations.
- Disassembles and reassembles instruments and equipment, using hand tools, and inspects instruments and equipment for defects.
- Performs validations on environmental chambers.
- Modifies performance and operation of component parts and circuitry to specifications, using test equipment and precision instruments.
- Ensures timely completion and compliance with cGMP and all other relevant company training requirements.
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree in a Science, Mechanical or Engineering field with 2+ years of related experience.
- Excellent understanding of circuits, components, analytical equipment and instrumentation for laboratories.
- Excellent mechanical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.