Sr. Manager, Supply Chain and Warehousing
The Sr. Manager of Supply Chain and Warehousing is accountable for driving results in a fast-paced environment by managing and coordinating the activities of the Purchasing, Warehousing and Supply Chain. The Sr. Manager directs the activities of buyers and warehouse personnel to accomplish company objectives. This position is responsible for sourcing and obtaining complex, high-value materials (chemicals), equipment, services and supplies for the organization. This position selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function. The position requires superior leadership behaviors and expertise in functional competencies included in this position profile.
- Develops policies and procedures for the operation of procurement and warehouse activities.
- Reviews, approves and places purchase orders as authorized.
- Resposonsible for sourcing and obataining chemicals, equipment, services and supplies.
- Monitors the cost, schedule and performance aspects of major vendors.
- Works on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Manages the daily operations of the warehousing function to assure compliance to Regulatory Standards.
- Manages the documentation, logistics and real-time inventory in the electronic inventory system.
- Manages periodic cycle counts and end of the year phsical inventory per standards
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Ensures budgets, schedules and performance requirements are met.
- Optimizes efficiency of the working environment of the group.
- Ensures training of the group is complete.
- Ensures adherence to the personnel and equipment SOPs and other company requirements.
- Makes project/work assignments with communication in the expected timeline.
- Monitors the progress against the timelines.
- Effectively communicates with clients and internal groups.
- Evaluates personnel in a timely manner.
- Ensures timely completion and compliance with cGMP and all other relevant company training requirements.
- Attracts, develops, and retains a high performing team to meet the current and evolving needs of the business through effective selection, training and development, coaching and mentoring and performance management.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field with 6+ years experience required.
- Master’s degree in a related field with 4+ years related experience preferred.
- 3+ years supervisory experience required.
- Previous experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving capabilities.
- Proficiency of basic computer skills and Microsoft.
- GMP experience preferred.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Consistent attention to details.
- Good organizational skills.
- Directly leads team up to 2 – 5 direct reports.
- Participates in the hiring process of other employees.
- Makes hiring decisions of other employees.
- Schedules and reviews the work of other employees.
- Ensures accuracy and relevance of assigned training curriculum.
- Drives timely completion of training for employees to meet regulatory requirements.
- Coaches, mentors and develops other employees.